Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a quick and tasty meal with an Italian flavour try this simple and hearty pasta recipe.
Make and share this Carbonara-Style Penne With Pancetta and Parsley recipe from Food.com.
- Place the pancetta and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry until nice and crisp.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and return to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking mix the egg yolks and cream in a large bowl with the freshly grated parmesan.
- Season the mixture well with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the parsley.
- Once the pasta has been drained add it to the bowl containing the parmesan mixture. Add the remaining olive oil and the crispy pancetta and toss thoroughly.
- Serve the pasta garnished with Parmesan shavings and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.