Recipe by English_Rose
For a quick and tasty meal with an Italian flavour try this simple and hearty pasta recipe.
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 9 ounces penne
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, shavings to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pancetta and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and fry until nice and crisp.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and return to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the pasta is al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking mix the egg yolks and cream in a large bowl with the freshly grated parmesan.
- Season the mixture well with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the parsley.
- Once the pasta has been drained add it to the bowl containing the parmesan mixture. Add the remaining olive oil and the crispy pancetta and toss thoroughly.
- Serve the pasta garnished with Parmesan shavings and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.