Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice fast tasty carbonara sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto (lean bacon, ham can be substituted)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute prosciutto and garlic in a pan until slightly crisp.
- Drain fat and discard the garlic.
- Add cream to the pan, stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and cheese.
- Slowly add the cream mixture to the eggs and cheese.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook just long enough to heat through.
- Toss with hot pasta.