by Rachael Ray
Make and share this Carbonara - Rachael Ray recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat bottom of pan)
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped (Italian bacon)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 -6 cloves garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 large egg yolks
- romano cheese, freshly grated
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- boil pasta.
- heat large skillet. add olive oil and pancetta. brown pancetta 2 minutes. add red pepper flakes and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. add wine and stir up all the pan drippings.
- in a separate bowl, beat yolks, then add about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. this tempers the eggs and keeps them from scrambling when added to the pasta.
- drain pasta well and add it directly to the skillet with pancetta and oil. pour the egg mixture over the pasta. toss rapidly to coat the pasta without cooking the egg. remove pan from heat and add a big handful of cheese, lots of pepper, and a little salt. continue to toss and turn the pasta until it soaks up egg mixture and thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. garnish with parsley and extra grated romano.