Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a delicious pizza - perfect for an appetizer or for dinner. Everyone loves this!
- 1 prepared pizza crust (uncooked)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Press pizza dough into pan.
- Prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 425 for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in a saucepan until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in parmesan cheese.
- Spread mixture over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with bacon, monterrey jack cheese and green onion.
- Bake at 425 for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm.
Absolutely delicious!! I added some leftover chicken with the bacon and skipped the green onions. I will be making this pizza again - it's a new family favorite.
A wonderful pizza. I make with a homemade crust on a stone at 500 degrees. I will interchange the Monterey Jack with Mozzarella depending on what I have on hand. My children are not green onion fans so we don't use those. A favorite at our home. I've been making this recipe for quite a while (over a year) and regret the delay in the review, as this is an excellent pizza.