When I saw this recipe I thought you have GOT to be kidding me. Didn't see this exact one posted here, so I'm posting it for future reference. Would take me more like 45 minutes to make I'm sure. She says it serves 4, I think it would serve more like 8 if you add a side or salad. One day I might actually get up the nerve to make it. Edited to add amounts since she often uses a handful of this or that.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Heat water for pasta in large pot, add 1 Tablespoon salt and pasta; boil for 3 minutes.
- 3Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Add pancetta and brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- 4Drain pasta, add to pan and toss. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Beat eggs with cream and pour over top of pasta. Let eggs begin to set up, about 1 minute. Then pat pasta into even layer to make the pizza pie crust. Place in oven and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- 6Mix together the ricotta and parsley. Remove pie from oven and smooth the ricotta over the top.
- 7Scatter with the provolone or mozzarella and return to oven.
- 8Bake 8 minutes more until cheese is melted and golden at edges. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carbonara Deep-Dish Pasta-Crusted Pan Pizza - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.9
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 208.2 mg
- Sodium 1300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: