Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I saw this recipe I thought you have GOT to be kidding me. Didn't see this exact one posted here, so I'm posting it for future reference. Would take me more like 45 minutes to make I'm sure. She says it serves 4, I think it would serve more like 8 if you add a side or salad. One day I might actually get up the nerve to make it. Edited to add amounts since she often uses a handful of this or that.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat water for pasta in large pot, add 1 Tablespoon salt and pasta; boil for 3 minutes.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet. Add pancetta and brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Drain pasta, add to pan and toss. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs with cream and pour over top of pasta. Let eggs begin to set up, about 1 minute. Then pat pasta into even layer to make the pizza pie crust. Place in oven and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- Mix together the ricotta and parsley. Remove pie from oven and smooth the ricotta over the top.
- Scatter with the provolone or mozzarella and return to oven.
- Bake 8 minutes more until cheese is melted and golden at edges. Cut into wedges and serve.
I made this for my family of 5 and no one liked it. I like a lot of Rachael Ray's recipes but certainly not this one. I think it has too much egg and it is very very dry. We ended up just throwing it out and eating something else.