Chef #369796's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest of (optional)
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt and spaghetti, and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup cooking water; drain.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a bowl.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining tablespoon oil, and heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic, and cook until golden, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 4Beat the egg yolks, heavy cream, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl until combined. Add drained hot pasta and pancetta to skillet, and pour the egg mixture over. If pasta seems dry, add enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten. Season liberally with freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Serve garnished with chopped parsley, additional cheese, and lemon zest, if desired.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carbonara by Martha Stewart
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.2
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 261.5 mg
- Sodium 226.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: