Recipe by happynana
This is a recipe I cut out of a Woman's Day magazine from Rachel Ray. I was unable to found this on her web site. We have this several times a month. I do cook the pasta for about 11 minutes.
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pasta, spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 large egg yolks
- freshly grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large saucepot of water to boil.
- Once boiling, add a liberal amount of salt and pasta. Cook to al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and pancetta. Brown pancetta about 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add wine and stir up all pan drippings.
- In separate bowl, beat yolks, then add 1 large ladleful (about 1/2 cup)of the pasta cooking water. This tempers the eggs and keeps them from scrambling when added to pasta.
- Drain pasta well and add directly to skillet with pancetta, garlic and oil.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta. Toss rapidly to coat the pasta without cooking the egg.
- Remove from heat and add a big handful of cheese, lots of pepper and a little salt. Continue to toss and turn pasta until soaks up egg mixture and thickens, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with extra Romano.