Recipe by DailyInspiration
The is a nice low-carb version of the delicious club sandwich. Recipe is from my Carb-Lovers Diet Cookbook.
- 6 ounces cannellini beans (canned reduced salt, rinsed and drained)
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices wholemeal bread, toasted (thin slices)
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices turkey bacon (cooked til crisp)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash beans, garlic, oil, salt and pepper with a fork and reserve.
- Arrange 4 bread slices on a work surface. Spread 3 tablespoons white-bean mixture on each slice of bread.
- Top with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 tomato slices.
- Layer another slice of bread on each sandwich and top each with 4 avocado slices and 2 turkey bacon slices. Top with last piece of bread.
- Halve the sandwiches diagonally, and secure with toothpicks.