1/15 Photos of Carb Free Cloud Bread
Gillian Spence's Note:
These are a delicious home-made bread replacement that are practically carb free and very high in protein. They are just like heaven so I call them clouds. Compliments of Kristin Patterson.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white.
- 3In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth.
- 4In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks.
- 5Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- 6Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray.
- 7With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across).
- 8Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun).
- 9Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.
- 10While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp.
- 11Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carb Free Cloud Bread
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.6 mg
- Sodium 42.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole milk cottage cheese