Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Muffin shape and a crispy golden crust. No kneading required.
Make and share this Caraway Rye Rolls No Knead recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 cups warm small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rye flour
- 3 -4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Add the cottage cheese, sugar, eggs, caraway seeds, salt, baking soda, rye flour and 1 c all purpose flour, mix well.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a sticky batter, do not knead.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Stir dough down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 24 pieces.
- Place in well greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans. Cool on wire racks.