Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
I recently got myself a bread machine and made my first loaf with it today. I think it will take some practice to get used to using the machine, but half the fun is learning how. I tweaked the recipe to suit my tastes and didn't use any dairy. This recipe came from the site the-recipes.com. If you do make this be careful to keep the yeast away from the liquids. Best to add the liquids first and the yeast last. I added the caraway seeds right into the mix, but if your bread machine has a timer the machine will beep and let you know when you can add extra things. I'm going to serve with with a nice cold bowl of Vichyssoise.
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm filtered water (110-115'F)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wheat bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup rye flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 7⁄8 teaspoon yeast
- Add the ingredients in the order which is directed for your bread machine.
- Select the light crust setting and start the machine.
- Once the cycle ends, take the bread out of the pan and place it on a cake rack. Allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.
- Bon Appetit.