Recipe by PCrocker
I don't know how authentic this recipe is but I do know it is delicious. You can make it free form on baking sheets but I use loaf pans because it's easier for me to bag it up and freeze.
Top Review by Rita~
I made 1/2 the amount in my ABM. Make sure the coffee is room temperature. This is great all on it`s own. Nothing on it. Is how we enjoyed it. I can`t wait to toast it for breakfast! ;) i made for comfort cafe http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=288536&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 295.73 ml coffee
- 295.73 ml water
- 9.85 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 29.58 ml caraway seeds
- 14.79 ml yeast
- 29.58 ml oil
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml rye flour
- 1182.95-1301.24 ml bread flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water and coffee in microwave to 110 degrees; pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, molasses, caraway seeds, and yeast and stir to dissolve yeast.
- Let sit for a few minutes for yeast to proof.
- Stir in oil, salt, and rye flour.
- Add 2 cups of bread flour and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make stiff dough and knead for about 10 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic (dough will be heavier than plain white bread dough).
- Place in an oiled bowl and turn to coat all sides of dough; cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down and shape into 3 loaves.
- Place in greased non-stick loaf pans (dark pans help the bottoms brown properly) and let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire rack.