Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like beets try these. The recipe comes from People with Diabetes Cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the beets well and place them on a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil; Sprinkle them with caraway seeds.
- Fold and pinch the foil to seal the beets in the packet, put the foil pouch in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the packet from the oven, place in sink, and open, (be careful;the juice will stain).
- Peel the beets with a small paring knife and cut the beets in quarters.
- Dip the beets in the juices from the bottom of the foil packet and sprinkle some caraway seeds from the packet over them, serve hot.
This is a great way to start with the beets, but they don't really have any flavor. This would be good with some sort of sauce. I love the idea of roasting them but they need something more. Thanks Barb for getting me to cook some fresh beets! I am thinking of addding some balsamic vinegar and a touch of honey?