Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple side dish that is great with German food. From Bon Appetit, February 1995.
- 1 lb egg noodles, 1/2-inch wide
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well.
- Melt butter in same large pot. Add noodles and caraway seeds and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates. Sprinkle with parsley.
DH loves noodles and he really enjoyed these. After reading the reviews I also melted the butter with the caraway seed in the microwave to soften them. Very simple side dish to make and tastes great. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4.
My family liked this side dish a lot. We served it with Rolladen . I melted the butter in the microwave and placed the caraway seeds in the melted butter to allow them to soften up while the noodles cooked. Made for ZWT4.
This was very easy and very good. I would suggest that after adding the butter and caraway seeds, put the cover back on the pot and let the noodles sit, off the heat, for a few minutes so that the caraway seeds can soften a bit. Otherwise the seeds are very hard. Made for the German/BeNeLux region for ZWT 4. Thanks, lazyme!