Recipe by Audrey M
A great bread full of flavor and nice to serve with your favorite pork dish
Top Review by Mirj
Every year on the anniversary of my father's death I celebrate his life with a Hungarian feast. This year I used this bread for the start of the meal along with Recipe #200338. I tripled the recipe as there were going to be a lot of us around the table. The dough was lovely and sticky and I baked it altogether as a bubble loaf. My only regret is that I wish I had added more dill week and caraway seeds. I will make this again, but next time will add lots more for a more pronounced flavor.
- 2⁄3 cup water, at 70 to 80 degrees
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In your bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order of suggested by your manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose crust color and one pound loaf size.
- Bake according you bread machine directions.
- Check dough after five minutes of mixing, if dough isn't right consistency, add 1 to 2 Tablespoons of water or flour as needed.