Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the CIA and was created by CIA graduate Melia Kilbourn while she was working towards her Bachelors degree.
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 white potato, peeled quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the cauliflower and potato with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour until soft and lightly browned.
- Steep the evaporated milk with the caraway seeds then strain out the seeds.
- Saute the shallots and leeks in the butter. Add the caraway-infused milk.
- When the cauliflower and potato are soft, puree in a food processor with the shallot and leek mixture. Stir in the yogurt and season with the remaining salt.