Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the CIA and was created by CIA graduate Melia Kilbourn while she was working towards her Bachelors degree.
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 white potato, peeled quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided use
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, warm
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the cauliflower and potato with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour until soft and lightly browned.
- Steep the evaporated milk with the caraway seeds then strain out the seeds.
- Saute the shallots and leeks in the butter. Add the caraway-infused milk.
- When the cauliflower and potato are soft, puree in a food processor with the shallot and leek mixture. Stir in the yogurt and season with the remaining salt.