Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from the CIA and was created by CIA graduate Melia Kilbourn while she was working towards her Bachelors degree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 white potato, peeled quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided use
- 1/4 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/4 leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, warm
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Coat the cauliflower and potato with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour until soft and lightly browned.
- 3Steep the evaporated milk with the caraway seeds then strain out the seeds.
- 4Saute the shallots and leeks in the butter. Add the caraway-infused milk.
- 5When the cauliflower and potato are soft, puree in a food processor with the shallot and leek mixture. Stir in the yogurt and season with the remaining salt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caraway Cauliflower Mash
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 247.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
evaporated low-fat milk