Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve on the side with just about any meat.
- 2 lbs green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk, can use half and half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- In a large pot, cover shredded cabbage and sliced onion with water, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the cabbage drained cabbage; mix well.
- Pour into the buttered baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned on top.
Quick, easy and tasty recipe. I cut it down to serve two. I followed Andi's lead and garnished with crispy bacon bits. Made for ZWT#6
I halved the recipe and it was very quick to put together. I used milk which turned nice and creamy/curdy after cooking and blended well with the cabbage. Another great way to cook cabbage. Made for ZWT6 - Unrulies Under the Influence.
This was very easy to make and was a nice side dish. It was enjoyed by all. Made for ZWT4.