Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Sunset Magazine, November 2006 edition. This is my take on their Caraway-Bacon Potatoes.
Make and share this Caraway-Bacon-Onion Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lbs russet potatoes or 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thin and separated
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, crispy & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- paprika, for sprinkling to garnish (not the hot kind)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, stir together salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix the 2 cheeses together.
- Arrange one-third of potato & onion slices in bottom of a buttered 9- by 13-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper mixture.
- Top with half the bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 teaspoons caraway seeds.
- Repeat layering.
- Arrange remaining third of potato & onion slices on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper mixture, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 teaspoons caraway seeds.
- Dot with butter, cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until golden brown on top and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle with paprika.
- These are great with a roast and some kind of roasted vegetable; such as asparagus, green beans or perhaps cauliflower.