1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sunset Magazine, November 2006 edition. This is my take on their Caraway-Bacon Potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 lbs russet potatoes or 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thin and separated
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, crispy & chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- paprika, for sprinkling to garnish (not the hot kind)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a bowl, stir together salt and pepper.
- 3In another bowl, mix the 2 cheeses together.
- 4Arrange one-third of potato & onion slices in bottom of a buttered 9- by 13-in. baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper mixture.
- 6Top with half the bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 teaspoons caraway seeds.
- 7Repeat layering.
- 8Arrange remaining third of potato & onion slices on top.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and pepper mixture, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1 teaspoons caraway seeds.
- 10Dot with butter, cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- 11Remove foil and bake until golden brown on top and cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- 12Before serving sprinkle with paprika.
- 13These are great with a roast and some kind of roasted vegetable; such as asparagus, green beans or perhaps cauliflower.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caraway-Bacon-Onion Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 806.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: