Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These flavourful and healthy crackers are gluten, lactose, and egg-free. They make a great snack on their own or with some cheese or with your favourite spread. Sub the honey with agave nectar or brown rice syrup for a vegan version.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the brown rice flour, Xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
- Toast and grind, separately, sunflower and caraway seeds; incorporate into flour and spice mix.
- Blend the vinegar with the oil, honey, and water; add to dry mix.
- Knead until dough is uniform, add more water if necessary.
- Roll out thinly and cut out with a cookie cutter or cut into squares.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes or until they begin to brown. Turn and bake another 5-6 minutes or until crisp. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your crackers.