Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "What's Cooking at Harmony?" cookbook.
Make and share this Cara's Fried Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Put cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and melted shortning in a mixing bowl.
- Add enough boiling water until you have a thick mushy consistency. (Water MUST be boiling.).
- Set aside until cool enough to handle the mixture in your hands.
- Heat frying oil until very hot.
- Drop in hand formed flat patties, and fry until light brown.
- Remove to drain and cool.