Recipe by Blossom NZ
This is a recipe I invented myself when I won a hamper which contained Highlander Caramel (the same size as a can of condensed milk). Ever since I made it the first time, everyone keeps asking for it!!!
Top Review by Runnerr
OMGoodness this is sosososososososososoamazinglydeliciously good!!!! Definitely my favourite recipe so far on here (although I try not to make it very often as it's rather too easy to eat!). Thanks for sharing!!
- 400 g canned caramel topping
- 500 g biscuits (wine or arrowroot are best)
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 250 g butter (melted)
- 25 g butter
- 250 g white cooking chocolate (or Nestle Milky Bar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits roughly. Add the coconut.
- Set aside approximately 1/4 c of the caramel (for the icing).
- Mix the remaining caramel and butter through the biscuit/coconut mix. This should be a bit sticky and form into a ball easily. If not, mix a little Condensed Milk or extra melted butter through.
- Press into a slice tin and place into the fridge.
- Put the chocolate, caramel and butter into a bowl and melt in the microwave on low heat (I like to do it in 1 min blasts and stir so the chocolate doesn't scorch).
- Keep heating until, when stirred briskly, the icing is smooth and glossy.
- Spread over the base immediately and replace in the fridge. Leave to set for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!