1/2 Photos of Caramilk Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine on my friends coffee table, and copied it not sure which magazine it was. I hope to make this for our Christmas table. My daughter loves cheese cake so much so that she drives 200 kilometres to Buffalo NY to the Cheese cake factory. Granted they are a good cheese cake but I wouldn’t drive that far. So anyway now I make a different cheese cake every special occasion. The last one they thought I drove over and bought one. I hope this one turns out as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cookie crumbs, chocolate
- 4 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup caramilk cream liqueur, plus
- 1/4 cup caramilk cream liqueur or 1/4 cup a similar caramel flavoured liqueur
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1 Cadbury caramilk bar, broken into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place one rack in middle of oven an one rack in bottom 1/3 portion of oven.
- 3Combine crumbs and melted butter.( not sure I’ll be using the full ½ cup butter, I’ll start with ¼ if it hold together that will be great ill change it.).
- 4Press mixture into 10 inch spring form and bake for 10 minutes.
- 5Let cool completely.
- 6For the filling beat the cheese until smooth and add 1/3 cup liqueur, blend completely and then add the other ¼ cup.
- 7Mix in the brown sugar(I’m not going to be using that amount either, I’ll start tasting the batter after 1/3 cup because there seems to be a lot of sugar in the ingredients this recipe).
- 8Add and mix well the sour cream.
- 9Beat in eggs mixing after each egg.
- 10Pour into crust and smooth out the top. I also pick up the spring form a few inches off the counter and drop the pan down a few times to get a more even distribution.
- 11Place the cake in the middle rack of the over.
- 12Fill a baking pan with some water( I usually fill the water level half way up and place it on the second rack in bottom 1/3 portion of oven under the cake. This will help to prevent cracking.).
- 13Bake for 1 hour.
- 14Turn off the oven leaving the cheese cake in the oven for another 30 minutes with the door slightly open.
- 15Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- 16Then place in fridge for 8 hours.
- 17Spread the Dulce de Leche on the top and sides.
- 18Place pieces of chocolate bar around edge of cake.
- 19Let stand 30 minutes.
- 20Whip the cream and pipe onto top.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramilk Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.2
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.1 mg
- Sodium 370.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche
Cadbury caramilk bars