Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a magazine on my friends coffee table, and copied it not sure which magazine it was. I hope to make this for our Christmas table. My daughter loves cheese cake so much so that she drives 200 kilometres to Buffalo NY to the Cheese cake factory. Granted they are a good cheese cake but I wouldn’t drive that far. So anyway now I make a different cheese cake every special occasion. The last one they thought I drove over and bought one. I hope this one turns out as good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cookie crumbs, chocolate
- 4 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup caramilk cream liqueur, plus
- 1⁄4 cup caramilk cream liqueur or 1⁄4 cup a similar caramel flavoured liqueur
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1 Cadbury caramilk bar, broken into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream (optional)
- .Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one rack in middle of oven an one rack in bottom 1/3 portion of oven.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter.( not sure I’ll be using the full ½ cup butter, I’ll start with ¼ if it hold together that will be great ill change it.).
- Press mixture into 10 inch spring form and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- For the filling beat the cheese until smooth and add 1/3 cup liqueur, blend completely and then add the other ¼ cup.
- Mix in the brown sugar(I’m not going to be using that amount either, I’ll start tasting the batter after 1/3 cup because there seems to be a lot of sugar in the ingredients this recipe).
- Add and mix well the sour cream.
- Beat in eggs mixing after each egg.
- Pour into crust and smooth out the top. I also pick up the spring form a few inches off the counter and drop the pan down a few times to get a more even distribution.
- Place the cake in the middle rack of the over.
- Fill a baking pan with some water( I usually fill the water level half way up and place it on the second rack in bottom 1/3 portion of oven under the cake. This will help to prevent cracking.).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven leaving the cheese cake in the oven for another 30 minutes with the door slightly open.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Then place in fridge for 8 hours.
- Spread the Dulce de Leche on the top and sides.
- Place pieces of chocolate bar around edge of cake.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream and pipe onto top.