- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches 246°F (or forms a firm ball when dropped into cold water).
- Stir in vanilla, then pour in a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Cool, then "plop" out of pan and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Individually wrap each square in waxed paper.