Recipe by Fairy Godmother
My oldest daughter always looked for these in the tin of goodies Grandma brought to our house on Christmas. Good luck getting one if she found them first. These take a while but are so creamy good. A great teacher gift.
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything into a sauce pan.
- Bring to boiling point over a slow flame, stirring constantly.
- Cook until hard ball stage, still stirring slowly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a buttered 8" square pan.
- Cool, cut into squares.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in covered tin with layers of wax paper between.