- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground habanero chile pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 medium yellow onions, cut in half lengthwise,with papery outer skin left intact
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the vinegar along with 1 1/2 cups water and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar, salt, chile, and pepper and mix well.
- Pour the marinade into a deep glass or ceramic baking pan.
- Arrange onion halves, cut-side down, in marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the onions, uncovered, for approximately 1 hour, or until cut side of onions have glazed a dark brown.