Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Donna Hay. Caramelizing the zucchini adds a really nice touch!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 green zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minute3s or until al dente. Drain, return to saucepan and keep warm.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the zucchini and cook for 10 minutews or until soft and caramelized.
- Add to the pasta with the mint, parmesan and tomatoes and toss to combine.
I have to be honest, here, I felt the zucchini was a little out of place. The recipe came out alright, but felt there was too much zucchini called for in the recipe.