Recipe by kelly in TO
Use these to top salads. You can store leftovers in a sealed container at room temp for a few days, but I doubt there will be any! They are very addictive.
Top Review by UmmBinat
Yum yum!! I used these in Recipe #425703 but they would be totally delicious on their own. I had to substitute an unrefined sunflower oil for the walnut oil since I didn't have any on hand. I will make these again for the same breakfast/dessert if not other recipes as well.
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, cook the walnuts, brown sugar, salt, cayenne and.
- 1 teaspoon of walnut oil over medium-high heat. Cook until the sugar.
- caramelizes and coats the nuts, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- to separate the nuts. Transfer to a baking sheet covered with waxed.
- paper to cool.