Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and addictive! Serve with cheese or as an after-dinner nibble. Recipe from Lucy Waverman.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F .
- Place walnuts on a baking sheet and toast 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Combine honey, water and oil in a skillet and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in walnuts. Cook, stirring frequently until all liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Transfer nuts to a bowl.
- Combine sugar and salt and toss with nuts. Spread nuts on a cookie sheet to cool and dry.
- Store in an airtight container.
- If you like sweet and hot, you can add some hot chili powder to the mix for a different but yummy tasste!
These are so easy and quick to make. And very yummy! Though I think I used too much salt, they made a great snack, a great way to get rid of leftover walnuts, and a nice treat for my insatiable sweet tooth. Thanks for sharing.
Just made these and included the chili powder. Yum! They are a little soft, but I'm hoping that they crisp up after completely cooling. I just couldn't wait that long to try them ;) *edit - yes, they get crunchier as they cool and I forgot to add that I didn't have honey so I used agave nectar which worked very well :)
Quick and easy to do, great gift item. Thanks for posting. made for zwt6