Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious, nutritious, and economical. Try this on fall harvest feast tables or as a one dish dinner.
- 200 g extra firm tofu, cubed
- 10 Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (or mix of both) or 1⁄3 cup pecans (or mix of both)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Brown tofu and garlic in olive oil until crispy one side. Add butter, brown sugar, nuts, chili, and stir. Separately cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthways and steam in pot or microwave. When tofu is caramelized, drain Brussels sprouts and add to mix. Toss, remove from heat, then add cilantro, salt, and lemon juice. Serve hot.
Used broccoli instead of Brussels sprouts, easy on the cilantro. Next time I'll mix the nuts 1/2 and1/2. Tasty, quick and easy