Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a food blog. She used a baked savory tofu for this dish.
Make and share this Caramelized Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into thin 1-inch segments
- 2 pinches of fine-grain sea salt
- olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout, washed and cut into 1/8-inch wide ribbons
- Cook the tofu strips in large hot skillet (or pot) with a bit of salt and a splash of oil.
- Saute until slightly golden, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and pecans, and cook for another minute.
- Stir in sugar. Cook for another couple of minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Scrape the tofu out onto a plate and set aside while you cook the brussels sprouts.
- In the same pan (no need to wash), add a touch more oil, another pinch of salt, and dial the heat up to medium-high.
- When the pan is nice and hot stir in the shredded brussels sprouts.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring a couple times (but not too often) until you get some golden bits, and the rest of the sprouts are bright and delicious.