From a food blog. She used a baked savory tofu for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the tofu strips in large hot skillet (or pot) with a bit of salt and a splash of oil.
- 2Saute until slightly golden, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and pecans, and cook for another minute.
- 3Stir in sugar. Cook for another couple of minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- 4Scrape the tofu out onto a plate and set aside while you cook the brussels sprouts.
- 5In the same pan (no need to wash), add a touch more oil, another pinch of salt, and dial the heat up to medium-high.
- 6When the pan is nice and hot stir in the shredded brussels sprouts.
- 7Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring a couple times (but not too often) until you get some golden bits, and the rest of the sprouts are bright and delicious.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 628.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 14.0 g