1/4 Photos of Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
Incorporate just a couple of these simple luau recipes as this caramelized sweet potatoes into your Hawaiian luau menu and you'll delight (and dare we say, surprise?) your guests with your culinary skills and dazzle them with your knowledge of authentic Hawaiian food. It'll be almost as good as being there. Found online and adapted. Posted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 30 minutes potatoes or until tender.
- 2Let cool and then peel and cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- 3Place butter in a large saucepan or skillet and melt.
- 4Stir in sugar and water and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Lower heat and add potatoes.
- 6Simmer for 20 minutes, tossing lightly to coat.
- 7Sprinkle with coconut before serving.
- 8Note: I reduced the amount of butter and sugar. Original quantities: 1/2 cup of butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g