Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
DH and I eat a lot of sweet potatoes-usually baked- so this is special treat for us and can easily be split for only the two of us. It is faster this way than baked and I always have the ingredients on hand. It originally came from Better Homes and Gardens. I have reduced the sugar after Kumquat's kind review.
- In a large skillet cook onions in margarine over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until onions are nearly tender, stir frequently.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are NEARLY tender, stirring occasionally. Notice that in last step you are cooking a bit longer.
- Uncover skillet; add brown sugar and rosemary.
- Cook over medium low heat for 4-5 minutes or until onions and sweet potatoes are glazed, stirring gently occasionally.
I had two bigg sweet potatoes to use so this recipe was perfect for us and this dish was really tasty and good! For this recipe I used fresh rosemary from the garden. The house smelled sooo goood! Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
I prepared this differently from the directions. First I caramelized the onions and sweet potatoes with the sugar, added veg broth and covered the lid. The rosemary was added the last 5 minutes of cooking to infuse the flavor. Used fresh rosemary from the garden, too! Served over a bed of baby arugula. Very good! Made for Best of 2011.
My DH loved this recipe.
So easy to make with a great out come.
He already as asked for me to make this dish again for him.
Thanks for posting.