Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe from Vegetarian Times. We made it and LOVED it! Very savory, and pretty darn easy! We made a few variations, such as sweet potato instead of winter squash and mozzarella instead of parmesan. We used red onion and a whole wheat, premade pizza round. I'd suggest tailoring the spices to taste. The original may be found here: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/8860?utm_source=Vegetarian&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=content
- 1 large thinly sliced sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon mashed garlic
- 1 medium pizza crust, premade
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss onion and sweet potato in a baking dish with rosemary, sage, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 3 tbs olive oil to coat. Cover with foil.
- Bake about 1 hour, until sweet potato is tender and onions begin to caramelize. Remove dish from oven and set aside. Adjust heat to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper with the mashed garlic.
- Brush pizza crust with oil mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, reserving a small amount for the top.
- Evenly distribute onion and sweet potato mixture over pizza and sprinkle with feta and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes, until heated through. Serve immediately.
This is amazing!!!! We made it with sweet potato, spinach, parmesan, and goat cheese. Tasted gourmet! We will be making it again!!!