Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I love strawberries! Who can go wrong with strawberries and cream cheese in a recipe. :)When faced with an abundance of them a few years ago, I made up this super easy and quick breakfast. It has become a family favorite at snack time as well.
- 2 English muffins, each split in half
- 3 -4 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened (or use spreadable)
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 -5 large fresh strawberries
- Preheat broiler to high and set rack to highest level.
- Toast English muffins in toaster until crisp. (The lovely crisp texture of the muffin, along with the soft toppings contributes to the flavor combination) Spread each half with the cream cheese, making sure to spread all the way to the edges to cover (this prevents the muffin edges from burning when placed under the broiler) Slice strawberries lengthwise, and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place strawberries (with pointed end towards center) in a circle on top of the cream cheese to cover entire English muffin.
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar.
- Place in an oven safe dish or plate and broil for 2-3 minutes or until sugar begins to bubble and become caramelized.
- Let cool for 1-2 minutes before you dig inches.
- (Saves you from the annoying burnt tongue or roof of mouth:).
Nummers!! Quick, easy and very tasty breakfast snack. It would be fun to prepare for guests. My family really enjoyed it. I think you could make this with flavored cream cheeses and maybe even some different fruits for a different taste.
This was wonderful. I had unexpected company due to the blizzard up north. My friends are such foodies that I wanted something different but nice. This recipe fit the bill perfectly. It's so great for company because it is simple, easy to throw together, looks beautiful and has lots of flavor to boot! Thanks for posting such a great recipe.
I gave this 5 stars based on it being a quick and easy recipe. We thought it tasted good and was very quick to prepare. Thanks shimmerchik. Bullwinkle.