1 hr 49 mins
1 hr 19 mins
From BHG, Oct 2012. We had this for Thanksgiving and it was gorgeous but most of all delicious! Prep time includes marinating the squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pistachio nut, roasted & salted
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Marinade: In a small bowl stir together orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, and ginger. Set aside 1/2 cup of the marinade for the salad dressing.
- 2Place squash pieces in a large resealable plastic bag in a shallow dish. Pour remaining marinade over squash. Seal bag and marinate, refrigerated, for 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- 4Drain marinade from squash, discarding marinade. Place squash on the prepared baking sheet. Roast squash until tender and lightly browned in spots, 26 to 30 minutes, turning once half-way through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5Dressing: While squash is roasting, whisk together the reserved marinade, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- 6When squash is done, drizzle 2 to 3 Tbsp of dressing over warm squash, tossing to combine.
- 7In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, radicchio and half of the pistachios. Toss with half the remaining dressing. Gently toss roasted squash into the salad. Top with remaining pistachios and goat cheese. Pass remaining dressing at the table.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Squash Salad With Pistachios and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.6
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens