- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra dry vermouth
- 1 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat, melt the butter and in it sauté the spring onions for a few minutes.
- Add the sugar, Worcestershire and vermouth and sauté a few minutes more. Reduce heat to low and cover loosely with foil.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is caramel in color and very soft.
- Keep warm and just before serving, stir in the cheese.