This is form farm journal's country cookbook. It Is very easy has a lot of uses including a kahlua I came up with last night and will be posting soon!
My Private Note
- 1Pour sugar in a heavy skillet that heats uniformly.
- 2Melt over low heat, stirring constantly to pervent scorching.
- 3When the sugar becomes a clear brown syrup, remove from heat.
- 4Stir in boiling water, slowly so it doesn't spatter.(Watch out for the HOT steam).
- 5Return to low heat and stir until syrup is smooth again.
- 6Cool and pour in to a clean pint jar, cover tightly. Keeps at room temperature for 6 to 8 weeks.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Simple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 66.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g