- 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb shallot, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock or 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat the butter with the sugar until the sugar has melted.
- Add the shallots and mix well.
- Add the stock and wine, bring to the boil, reduce the heat to very low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes over a low heat, stirring now and then.
- Uncover the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until the shallots are tender and glazed.
- For Vegetarian use only the vegetable stock.