Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is one of Ina Garten's recipes that looked absolutely delicious.
Top Review by KateL
Very tasty, but DH thought it was too pickled, so I guess I should try balsamic vinegar next time. Two pounds of shallots yields 2+ cups of caramelized shallots. I made these to make Recipe #511255 #511255.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs fresh shallots, peeled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 12 inch ovenproof skillet melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and sugar, tossing to coat.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the shallots start to brown.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and roast for 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of the shallots, until they are tender.
- Season to taste, sprinkle with parsley and serve.