Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Christina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love
Make and share this Caramelized Scallops With White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Check each of your scallops for a small crescent-shaped muscle that may be attached on the side. If you find one, just peel it off with your fingers - it is easily removed. This muscle toughens during cooking.
- Rinse the scallops and dry them thoroughly. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sugar in a thin layer on a plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the clarified butter - when it starts to foam, you are ready to add the scallops. Dip only one side of each scallop in the sugar and place that side down in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely seared. Flip and scallops and cook for another minute. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. Reduce the liquid by half. After about 1 1/2 minutes, transfer the scallops to a warm platter and pour pan juices over top.
- Serve the scallops with the pan sauce and garnish with the parsley, chives and lemon zest.