Christina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Check each of your scallops for a small crescent-shaped muscle that may be attached on the side. If you find one, just peel it off with your fingers - it is easily removed. This muscle toughens during cooking.
- 2Rinse the scallops and dry them thoroughly. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 3Spread the sugar in a thin layer on a plate.
- 4Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the clarified butter - when it starts to foam, you are ready to add the scallops. Dip only one side of each scallop in the sugar and place that side down in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely seared. Flip and scallops and cook for another minute. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. Reduce the liquid by half. After about 1 1/2 minutes, transfer the scallops to a warm platter and pour pan juices over top.
- 5Serve the scallops with the pan sauce and garnish with the parsley, chives and lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Scallops With White Wine
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 216.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: