Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Christina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love
- 12 large scallops
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 chives (optional garnish)
- Check each of your scallops for a small crescent-shaped muscle that may be attached on the side. If you find one, just peel it off with your fingers - it is easily removed. This muscle toughens during cooking.
- Rinse the scallops and dry them thoroughly. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sugar in a thin layer on a plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the clarified butter - when it starts to foam, you are ready to add the scallops. Dip only one side of each scallop in the sugar and place that side down in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely seared. Flip and scallops and cook for another minute. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pan. Reduce the liquid by half. After about 1 1/2 minutes, transfer the scallops to a warm platter and pour pan juices over top.
- Serve the scallops with the pan sauce and garnish with the parsley, chives and lemon zest.
Gourmet scallops! Fabulous with the lemon zest and fresh chives. I will make this often....it is so quick and easy to throw together. 5 stars!! Thanks for sharing!
My husband has continually asked me to cook scallops for him, and being that I am not a huge fan, I've been trying to hold off. Well I finally gave in when I found this recipe. Having fresh scallops makes a world of difference. I realized that I didn't have a lemon in the house, so I had to omit the lemon juice, but the scallops turned out great! I was extremely impressed with how simple, yet flavorful, this recipe is! Thanks for sharing!