1/1 Photo of Caramelized Scallops On Warm Asparagus & Tomato Salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed,sliced diagonally
- 1 carrot, peeled,diagonally sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 5 tablespoons chicken stock
- cracked black pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced (or plum)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 plump scallops (typically sea scallops come about 30 per pound)
For the dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place the asparagus, carrot, onions and stock in a small pan.
- 3Season to taste with cracked pepper and bring to a boil.
- 4Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 5Stir in the tomatoes and keep warm.
- 6Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and set aside.
- 7Heat a frying pan with an ovenproof handle and add the oil.
- 8Season scallops on both sides with pepper and sear in hot pan for 1 minute.
- 9Add the sugared vinegar, rotate pan to distribute the liquid, and place in the oven for 2 minutes.
- 10Turn the scallops over, then remove them from the pan.
- 11Place the vegetables in the center of 4 warm plates, allowing the stock to spread out.
- 12Surround with 6 scallops and serve the dressing on the side.
- 13To make the dressing: Heat the chicken stock and boil the artichoke in it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 14Place in a blender and puree, gradually adding the oil and lemon juice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Scallops On Warm Asparagus & Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.2
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 424.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: