24 hrs 30 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
Simple salmon with a knockout sauce. From the Wine Spectator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Up to 24 hours before serving, place the salmon fillets in a nonreactive pan. In a food processor, combine and finely chop the ginger, peppercorns and cilantro. Roll the salmon fillets in the mixture, cover with plastic wrap or another plate and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Combine the sugar and pepper on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- 3Heat the oil in a skillet.
- 4Scrape the excess ginger mixture from the fish and discard.
- 5Press the flesh (top) side of the salmon fillets into the sugar-pepper mixture and sauté them, seasoned side down, to caramelize the sugar, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Quickly, before the sugar burns, pour the soy sauce and orange juice into the pan, swirling and stirring well to dissolve the caramelized bits.
- 7Turn the salmon skin side down. Lower the heat to medium. Cover the pan and let the salmon finish cooking for 5 to 8 minutes longer, or until it is cooked medium rare.
- 8Transfer the salmon fillets to a clean towel to drain before serving.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Salmon With Soy-Orange Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 1230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 66.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: