Good served with cilantro-lime rice. Adapted from Karen Hancock, Editor at BellaOnline's Quick Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Savory Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups diced mangoes (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper, small diced
- 1 medium roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (like Mae Ploy brand or Thai Sweet Chili Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Mix the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for the flavors to blend.
- 2Measure the vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet; turn the heat to medium.
- 3Mix the sugar, salt and pepper on a large plate; dip the salmon on all sides in the mixture.
- 4Place the salmon in the heated skillet and cook until the salmon is caramelized on the underside. Depending on thickness, about 5 minutes.
- 5Turn and cook until the other side is caramelized and the salmon is cooked through. About 3-4 minutes; do not overcook.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Salmon With Savory Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 1407.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar