Recipe by gailanng
Good served with cilantro-lime rice. Adapted from Karen Hancock, Editor at BellaOnline's Quick Cooking.
Savory Mango Salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced mangoes (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 medium green bell pepper, small diced
- 1 medium roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cored seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (like Mae Ploy brand or Thai Sweet Chili Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, 1/2-3/4-inch thick, cut into 6 serving pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salsa ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for the flavors to blend.
- Measure the vegetable oil in a large non-stick skillet; turn the heat to medium.
- Mix the sugar, salt and pepper on a large plate; dip the salmon on all sides in the mixture.
- Place the salmon in the heated skillet and cook until the salmon is caramelized on the underside. Depending on thickness, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook until the other side is caramelized and the salmon is cooked through. About 3-4 minutes; do not overcook.