Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Montreal Gazette. I love parsnips, so I think this is a great recipe to try. The editor says this recipe comes from Fresh From the Garden cookbook by Perla Myers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh parsnips, sliced in inch-thick strips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- In a large heavy ovenproof frying pan, melt butter over medium heat, and saute parnsnips with salt, pepper, and sugar until lightly brown, about two minutes.
- Add a half cup of chicken broth and place pan in oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until tender. If pan juices evaporates add more broth.
- Serve, seasoned with more pepper.
If you are a big fan of parsnips or even if you are not you need to try cooking them this way as they look and taste wonderful. I made as written (only need 1/2 cup of chicken stock) and savored every sweet buttery bite. Thanks for the post.
Very nice parsnip recipe. I think next time I will use brown sugar. The parsnips brown nicely Thanks for a tasty recipe