Don't want to lose this. Copied from who knows which cookbook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and add onions, garlic, sugar, and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- 2Cook, stirring often, until onions are quite soft but haven't begun to color, about 25 minutes.
- 3Pour in the wine and deglaze the pan, stirring with a spoon to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer over medium heat until the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add the broth and simmer over medium heat until reduced to about 4 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, spread goat cheese on the toasted bread slices.
- 6Ladle soup into 4 warmed bowls and float 2 toasts in each bowl. Garnish with thyme sprigs if desired.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Red Onion Soup With Goat Cheese Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 1431.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 18.9 g