Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- pizza dough, rolled into 18 to 19 inches round as needed
- 4 cups swiss chard or 4 cups spinach, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In large nonstick saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, until caramelized to golden brown.
- Stir in maple syrup, vinegar and dried basil; set aside.
- Spread marinara sauce over pizza dough, leaving 1/2-in.
- Arrange swiss chard on top; top with onions.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, feta cheese, oregano and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 375 degrees until crust is crisp.