Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Caramelized slow cooked pork with hard boiled eggs. Boiled eggs are surprisingly good stirred into savory sauces, as the whites absorb much of the flavor and add an interesting texture to the meal. This meal is traditionally enjoyed for the holidays. from khmerkromrecipes.com for ZWT9
- Boil eggs in water using your preferred method. (I like to stick each egg with a thumb tack and boil for 10 minutes, then run under cold water so they don't get a green yolk.) Meanwhile, slice the pork into 2" chunks. Peel the eggs and set aside.
- In a large pot, caramelize the sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly. When it reaches a deep golden color pour the 2 cups of water over it and stir well.
- Add garlic, onion, fish sauce, sugar, salt, and coconut juice, stir until combined.
- Add the pork meat, and cook over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the meat is tender add the boiled eggs, and continue cooking until they are just warmed through.
- Serve hot with rice and sliced cucumber.