Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
makes a tasty dessert, especially when served over vanilla ice cream.
Make and share this Caramelized Plantains recipe from Food.com.
- Slice plantians 1/2 inch wide.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- When oil is hot add plantains and fry until golden brown and slightly crisp. About 5-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and wait until it carmelizes.
- Remove from skillet and drain oil. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I just made these and they turned out great! Followed recipe to a tee! Very simple and delicious!
Loved it, reminded me of the meals I ate in Panama as a child. I loved the sweet plantain. This is a wonderful side dish to jazz up chicken.
These are a great sweet treat. I made 1/2 of a plantain following this recipe, and the other 1/2 without the sugar but sprinkling with salt after removing from the pan (to see which recipe I liked better). I actually really liked both. This one is better for a dessert or sweet snack, and the salted plantains would be better with breakfast or a side dish in place of potatoes or rice. Great either way!