Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 hrs
I found this in the newsletter from Nature's Pantry, my local health food store. They got it from goneraw.com. It is also used in Sweet Potato Casserole (Raw Foods) .
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Soak pecans overnight in 2 cups of water (6-12 hours).
- Drain and rinse.
- Spread the pecans on a dry towel and blot them dry.
- Toss with honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt.
- Marinate 30-60 minutes.
- Spread on dehydrator trays and dehydrate 12-20 hours or until dry.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.
This was excellent. Followed recipe exactly and they tasted wonderful.
These took more time to dry than I anticipated, but they turned out great
I used this in #339133 (the sweet potato casserole) and it was fabulous. My husband sampled some caramelized pecans before I made the casserole and asked me to make this for snacks sometime. We have a winner! Thank you mliss29 for posting!